1 Day Intensive Course
MJR Web, an internet, mobile and web development company, based at Lancaster University's InfoLab21, is set to host a one-day workshop on the 22nd July 2010
- All tuition
- Food/refreshments throughout the day
- Use of MacBook Pro (if needed)
- Access to exclusive online resources
- Introduction to the Apple Developer Program
- Overview of the entire development process
- Usage of Xcode and Interface Builder
- App design considerations
- Develop an app in a day using the fundamental, and most common, elements of an iPhone app
- Improving the User Interface and testing your app on the simulator
- Distribution process
Who is this course for?
This course is perfect for anyone interested in either getting started in iPhone development or for those of you who just want to understand what is involved so you are better informed.
If you wish to continue learning more about iPhone development this course will you give you a perfect starting point and get you past the common pitfalls and problems that beginners encounter. Not only that, we will also give you access to our learning area which is constantly being updated with articles, code samples, resources, links and demo apps as well as allowing you to get in touch with us whenever you have a problem.
If you, or your business, are considering offering iPhone development to your clients then this course will give you an understanding of iPhone development (what is possible/not possible), the development process and more that will help you deal with both your clients and outside developers with ease.
- Be comfortable using a Mac (running os x)
- Any kind of previous development experience is an advantage although certainly not essential
- A minimum of a MacBook running os x 10.6 with the iPhone SDK (download link) installed - if you do not have this then we can provide equipment for the day (with advance notice)
- A passion for learning
- This course is aimed at non-programmers, although you are still welcome if you are (we won't hold it against you)
Previous Workshop Comments
"I recently attended a 1-day iPhone app building seminar, hosted by
Louis Harwood. I went into the training knowing some web-based
programming, but having never experienced Objective-C or any other
iPhone related language."
"The day started off with a short introduction to iPhone developing and the underlying technologies – Xcode, the App Store, Objective-C and in no time at all we jumped right in to creating a UI in Interface Builder."
"The second half of the day consisted of completing code for the UI components, individual Q&A sessions and challenges. I left the training feeling much more confident with using the iPhone SDK, and only a few days later I am writing my first app to be submitted to the App Store!"
Learn a little more about who we are, what we do and why we do it and.
Latest from Twitter
MJR Web were very prompt with their ideas and web design, and kept me fully informed throughout the whole process
Finding ethical consultancy on website matters has always been tough. MJR Web have been thorough, honest and productive with all of our requirements
From the very beginning of the project, MJR Web quickly understood our requirements and produced a site which has more than fulfilled the criteria outlined in our brief.